Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Summer writing project (Day Twenty-Three)

I made some progress on my paper today, adding material, moving things around, rephrasing stuff, tightening up arguments, and so forth. I also read an article that I had come across about censorship in the early years after "the glorious retrocession" of Taiwan. The article is "Censorship and Publication Control in Early Post-War Taiwan: Procedures and Practices," by Táňa Dluhošová, published in Journal of Current Chinese Affairs in 2018. It was part of a special issue co-edited by Dluhošová and Isabelle Cheng on "The Making and Operation of Everyday Authoritarianism in Taiwan during the Cold War." An interesting article!

I'm also working on reading the book I mentioned yesterday. Haven't gotten very far on it (because I've been busy writing!), but making progress.

No comments: