Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Summer writing project (Day Two)

I was up a bit late last night, so I woke up a little later than I had planned. Last night, there was a panel discussion online about the Diaoyutai movement of 1971, and I wanted to tune into that. It turns out they recorded it, so it might end up on their website at some point in the future. There were some "old veterans" of the movement who talked: Liu Ta-jen (劉大任), Chang Hsi-kuo (張系國),  and Shaw Yu-ming (邵玉銘). There were also some scholars who discussed their research on the movement. Chang couldn't stay for long because he had a heart operation today(!). I wish him the best!

So to my writing--yesterday I was complaining about my introduction, which was not taking me in the direction I was hoping to go. This morning I found a way to cut to the chase and get the introduction to where I wanted it to be. The problem, though, is that my introduction is about 1165 words, which is almost 1/6 of the maximum length of the paper (the journal I hope to send this to requires articles to be at most 7500 words). So I will probably have to cut that introduction down at some point. But first I need to get the paper written; then I can decide how it needs to be cut down. Wish me luck!


No comments: