Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Summer writing project (Day Eighteen)

Sitting among my books today, looking at what all these scholars had accomplished--sometimes in languages that were their second or third language (I was looking at one book written in English by a Taiwanese scholar who got her PhD in Japan), I was feeling a bit down in the dumps. 

So I decided to spend some time freewriting to work out the "so what" of my argument. I have a decent introduction that lays out the argument, but I need to work on a conclusion that reemphasizes the significance of my "findings." So I did some work on that--more still needs to be done, of course, along with continued work trying to make sure the organization makes sense. Also some work is needed filling in gaps. 

I also am trying out Google Keep for note-taking. I haven't been satisfied with my current note-taking practices for a while, so I'm going to try this approach and see how it works. 

No comments: