Friday, May 21, 2021

Summer writing project (Day Fifteen)

I'm writing earlier today because I get my second COVID shot later this morning, and I don't know what shape I'll be in after that. I got up early today and did some reading and writing. Before I went to bed last night, I got an idea (while I was brushing my teeth!) to use something I had presented at a conference about ... ummm... 19 years ago (!) in my paper. There's a portion that's relevant to what I'm working on. The only problem is that someone cited this portion of my paper in his book, so I don't know if I should cite my own paper or cite his citation of my paper... Maybe both. Wouldn't want to be accused of plagiarizing someone who was just paraphrasing something I wrote...

Otherwise, I spent some time going through my paper and adding in some ideas and stuff that I had deleted before. I'm reorganizing it, though, in keeping with my new outline. I hope it's making more sense now than it did before. We shall see...

I don't know if I'll be able to work on the paper over the weekend--it depends on my response to the vaccination. (See, as a writer, you have to deal with all these other things in life, too!)

No comments: