Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Summer writing project (Days Eleven and Twelve)

Knew I forgot something yesterday...

These past two days have been somewhat uncomfortable (high pollen counts) but also helpful. I worked out an outline (again) to help keep me on track, and I came up with another idea for the introduction, though I have to work out the details.

Tonight I attended a webinar run by the University of California at Santa Barbara's Center for Taiwan Studies. It was a discussion of historiography of Taiwan; the speakers were Chang Lung-chih, Leo Ching, and Seiji Shirane. It was very educational to learn how historians of Taiwan are approaching the study of Taiwan's history in dialogue with the histories of the region and other parts of the world (such as the Caribbean). I missed the other "Taiwan Talks" sessions this year, but I hope they continue them next year now that they're on my map!

No comments: