Tuesday, October 17, 2023

"Sabbatical" update

I noticed that I haven't posted anything yet this month, so I thought I should let my reader know that I'm still working on the projects I'm supposed to be doing this semester. I just sent a draft of my paper to my "mentor" (I'm calling him this; not sure he'd agree with the terminology!). The paper is still a bit of a mess--there's too much I want to say in it and a lot I haven't said. But I thought I should get someone else's view of it before I continue working on it.

I also need to work on the proposal for the comparative rhetoric course I'm planning. It has taken the form of a course in "rhetorics in contact" (as in contact zones), where we would look at situations in which two (or more) groups' discursive practices figure into the kinds of interactions those groups have. I have to read more for this to figure out how I might develop a course of this type.

I'm also working on finishing When They Were Not Writing Novels (【他們沒在寫小說的時候】), which I might have something to say about once I've read the last chapter. So stay tuned...

No comments: