Friday, April 21, 2023

Grading done; now to get to work...

I just finished my grading, so now (well, probably tomorrow) I'll get to work to get an early start on my fellowship leave. First I have to write a book review, which will first involve reading the book! I hope to get all that done by the end of April. Then I'll be getting into the other pile of books and articles that I need to read. 

I've been thinking that to keep myself honest, I should make some notes on my readings here, sort of like what I was doing for my dissertation on my old Kun zhi ji blog (which, surprisingly, still exists!). I never got much feedback on my notes in that blog, though Kerim Friedman once responded to a post about "the literacy crisis in postwar Taiwan," And William Starosta responded to a post about two of his articles on intercultural rhetoric that I had been reading. 

So... I guess if you see me writing some notes on your book or article, feel free to respond. I would appreciate your thoughts, questions, corrections, and/or praise (ahem), all of which will keep me honest in this task I'm setting up for myself. 

No comments: