Friday, June 24, 2005

Amazing!

Am listening to an interview I did yesterday, using my MP3 player for the first time. It is SO clear! I'll never go back to bulky cassette recorders...

And the interview went quite well, too--the interviewee was able to take a lot of my "yes-no" questions (note: don't ask so many yes-no questions next time!) and talk for quite a while on them. I got a lot of good stories, too, that will make my dissertation not so dry. He was definitely better at being interviewed than I was at interviewing!

4 comments:

senioritis said...

Tell me how you did this! Did you record onto your MP3 player?

Jonathan Benda said...

Yes--my MP3 player has a small, but sensitive, microphone in it. (I thought most MP3 players did, but I don't know much about MP3 players, to be honest.)

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you're keeping up with technological advances and I'm very glad you're making interesting progress on the dissertation. I should have done better teaching you case study methodology, though! :-)

Jonathan Benda said...

Oh, don't blame yourself...