Friday, September 15, 2006

Quotation meme

Seen at CultureCat. She says, "Go here and look through random quotes until you find 5 that you think reflect who you are or what you believe."
  1. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."--Robert Frost
  2. "Books to the ceiling,
    Books to the sky,
    My pile of books are a mile high.
    How I love them! How I need them!
    I'll have a long beard by the time I read them."--Arnold Lobel [But there's a grammatical error in the third line...]
  3. "One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time."--Nancy Astor
  4. "No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up."--Lily Tomlin
  5. "If you can't have faith in what is held up to you for faith, you must find things to believe in yourself, for a life without faith in something is too narrow a space to live."--George E. Woodberry

2 comments:

Ahistoricality said...

What a fantastic collection! Love the Lobel in particular....

Jonathan Benda said...

Your collection is great, too--especially the Camus quote...