Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Weather

Here it is only March 2 and it's already rained for about 300 days this month...

Today we did an impromptu speaking activity in FENM (Freshman English for Nonmajors) class. (I always feel like an enormous fraud conducting this kind of activity because I'm about the worst impromptu speaker on the planet... er... well, come to think of it, there's always GWB to make me look good.) In her speech, a student expressed her preference for Taichung because it's not as rainy and windy in the winter as Taipei. It's hard for me to believe that right now, given the rain and wind that have been pounding our apartment this evening, but I suppose it's possible that it's even worse in Taipei right now.

And I just bought a Lonely Planet guide to Belgium that suggests I take an umbrella with me because April is a rainy month...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry--ERG can make you look like a good public speaker, too.
--ERG

Jonathan Benda said...

I don't know, ERG... I'm not as eloquent as I was in those days when I was called "the Cicero of 14-A"...

(What do you mean you don't remember people calling me that?!)

Anonymous said...

I'm in Taipei, it's been raining so much I have forgotten what the ball of fire that used to be in the sky is called.

Jonathan Benda said...

Ugh. It sounds like Syracuse. Glad I don't live in Taipei. (BTW, I just heard on the news that it's snowing in parts of Puli!)

Anonymous said...

You are, however, the master of the muttered, sarcastic aside.

Jonathan Benda said...

Hmmm... that's too bad... all this time I've been trying to improve my sarcastic muttered asides...

Anonymous said...

"the Cicero of 14-A"?! Then I must have been the "Grand Champion of All Sarcastic Muttered Asides." Unfortunately, I'm still improving and could coach you well on your muttering. --ERG

Jonathan Benda said...

You were my teacher in that dept. ERG...

BTW, we had a warm spell, but now it's freezing ag'in! Had a wind chill of 38 t'other day here...