Wednesday, September 26, 2007
During our recent move, we unpacked a box of books that contained the Ohio cookbook that ERG's mother had given us five years ago when we were leaving the U.S. to return to Taiwan. Inside the front cover, a nice note from her and an unsigned, un-mailed thank you card....
Sunday, September 23, 2007
The former native speaker's four-year-old nephew (we'll call him "the not-yet-native speaker," or nyns, for short) just explained to me why he's not yet bathing himself:
Because little children can't wash behind themselves, they need their mothers to help them wash their backs.Hmmm... made sense when he said it.
Friday, September 14, 2007
- Health "events" in the family
- Moving and redecorating "events" (and sometimes redecorating "un-events" that should have been "events")
- Dissertation/IRB-related "events"
- An eventful publication process for an article that will come out soon
- Beginning of the semester events
- Recommendation-writing requests from all over (I'm happy to write 'em, but they're still an "event")