Thursday, December 21, 2006

Something Mei-mei would appreciate

Rosa Eberly at the Blogora asks,
What is "joyous afterstool"??
or, better
What do you have to say about "joyous afterstool"?
Well, Mei-mei always used to have joyous afterstools...

[Update: I was thinking of what A Christmas Carol would sound like if Fred's greeting to his uncle were changed (apologies to the Ghost of Charles Dickens):

'A joyous afterstool, uncle! God save you!' cried a cheerful voice. It was the voice of Scrooge's nephew, who came upon him so quickly that this was the first intimation he had of his approach.

'Bah!' said Scrooge, 'Humbug!' ...

'Afterstool a humbug, uncle!' said Scrooge's nephew. 'You don't mean that, I am sure?'...

'Don't be cross, uncle.' said the nephew.

'What else can I be,' returned the uncle, 'when I live in such a world of fools as this? Joyous afterstool! ... If I could work my will,' said Scrooge indignantly,'every idiot who goes about with 'Joyous afterstool' on his lips, should be boiled with his own...'

And at this point, I think I'd better stop...]

No comments: