Friday, May 20, 2005

More fun with SSCI

Clyde and I have been having a nice chat over on Scott's blog about the uses of the SSCI in Taiwan, and Scott himself has thrown his two cents' in, too (well, it's his blog--of course he has!).

The line that I got the biggest kick out of is the beginning of the third paragraph: "No one would deny, not even Jonathan Benda, that publication in an SSCI journal is a major accomplishment in a research career." I don't know if I'm supposed to take this as a sign that I'm becoming infamous for disagreeableness, but if so, well, I'll try to take it as a compliment.

At any rate, I do agree that publication in an SSCI journal (or, say an A&HCI journal, etc.--depending on your field) is a big achievement in a researcher's career. But... well, check out Scott's blog for more of my crazy comments.

No comments: